Intently, Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) and The Intention EconomyFor those interested in Vendor Relationship Management (VRM) and The Intention Economy, you might like to know how Intently embraces these exciting new developments in the relationship between consumers and businesses.
First of all, you can read about VRM and The Intention Economy here:
1. Consumers' data will be kept private to them so that they cannot be exploited by companies without their consent. The benefit here for companies is that they will have consistent access to accurate consumers' data that they NEED in order to do business with them - no more, no less.
2. Consumers will be able to signal their product and service needs to the market as an alternative to being bombarded by advertising. The advantage to companies is that they will have a clear signal from consumers when their products and services are required. Further, companies will be able to modify their products and services in response to discovering what their customers really want.
How Intently embraces VRM and The Intention EconomyWe have taken the key principles of VRM and The Intention Economy and described how Intently shapes up against them here:
- "Customers must be free to express their demands and intentions outside of any one company's control". Yes, Intently allows customers to signal their needs to vendors without having to visit those vendors' Internet presences or provide unnecessary personal details in order to interact.
- "A better means for engaging with vendors". Yes, Intently allows customer to express their needs in THEIR terms as opposed to in vendors' terms. This is customer-centric, not vendor-centric, and customers are able to view all their needs and vendor interactions for a particular need in a central location - Intently.
- "Consumers' intent to buy drives the production of goods to meet their specific needs". Yes, Intently allows consumers to signal their specific needs to vendors using our intentcasting capability, and it's up to vendors to respond to these signals in a way that will benefit them and their consumers.
- "[Paraphrased] A true Intention Economy solution is not limited to a single sector, product category, geography or group of suppliers". Yes, Intently allows consumers to signal their needs for any service or product, anywhere in the world, and any supplier can find and respond to such needs.