Dell Precision T3620 - Upgrade From 1 to 4 Hard Drives
Precision Tower 3620
The Precision tower 3620 base configuration has a single hard disk drive (HDD) or solid state drive (SSD) and an optical disk drive (ODD). The system has a total of 4 SATA ports for the controller allowing support for a total of 4 internal SATA drives.
This will allow a configuration of 3 HDD / SSDs and an optical drive or a 4 HDD/SSD configuration without an internal optical drive.
What do I need to upgrade to a 4 drive configuration?
The additional parts that are needed to convert the system from a single hard drive to 4 hard drives are as follows:
- Quantity 4 2.5 in Solid Start or Hard Disk SATA 3 drives of your choice
- Dell Part: P876J - screw that holds HDD to R494D. Quantity x 4 screws (per drive) 16 total for 4 drives
- Dell Part: 16VP1 ASSY,CBL,SATA,ST,280MM, quantity x3 (System shipped with 1) (Figure 1)
- Dell Part: DN8MY ASSY,BRKT,HD,3.5,CADDY, quantity x1 (System shipped with 1) (Figure 2)
- Dell Part: N701D ASSY,CBL,SATA,PSS,OPTI, quantity x2 (Figure 3)
- Dell Part: R494D ASSY,BRKT,2.5,HD,CADDY, quantity x2 (Figure 4)
R494D is double sided to accommodate 2x 2.5 inch drives. Looks like this when assembled with the 3.5 inch caddy DN8MY (Figure 5 - 7)
All 4 - 2.5 inch drives install in the 2 - 3.5 inch lower bays at the bottom of the chassis as seen below (Figure 8):