Creating the ideal drink is indeed a form of art and therefore requires years and years of knowledge, practice and skill. Without the proper experience, it can be quite difficult to progress in the world of mixologists. Therefore, if you’re in the market to hire a mixologist who can cater to your office parties in London, then you've come to the right place as we'll be taking a look at some of the important skills and information that you need to learn about a mixologist.
Knowing such information will help you choose the perfect candidate for your task and thereby make the most out of your hard-earned money.
Hire a cocktail bartender from Cocktails with Mario
Unless you’re unaware, a mixologist is a professional who is very much well-versed in the world of culinary art that include the creation of mixed alcoholic drinks and cocktails. A mixologist can also act as a bartender with additional knowledge about the history of ingredients they use along with the ability to create new drink
types and understand the various flavour profiles.
While you might believe that the word, mixologist is a new kid on the block, is a term that has been in use since the 1800s. Back in those days, bartenders were preferred to be called mixologists in high-end restaurants and bars.
The Skills That A Mixologist Should Absolutely Require Or Possess
- Always adopts a culinary approach to the acts that he or she
- Proceeds to create a drink menu that suits the style of establishment that he or she is working in and the ingredients are seasonal.
- Has the ability to create all the individual drink components before the service period begins, such as the syrups, juices, infusions and the like.
- Can spend hours and hours on testing and developing new types of drinks, while refining the current ones as well.
- Always focused on creating a type of drink that will be memorable for the customer.
- Has a very deep understanding of all the ingredients that are being utilised and knows the reasoning behind their usage.
- Highly responsible for stocking bar supplies and premium products.
- Continues to remain well-organised.
- Knows different types of slicing techniques so that he or she can create curated garnishes.
- Seeks out newer possibilities for creating unique types of cocktails and other drinks.
List Of Tools That A Mixologist Require
- Ice Tools
- Citrus Peeler
- Set Of Glassware
- Professional Knives
- Bottle Opener
- Bar Spoons
List Of Commonly Used Ingredients By A Mixologist
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh Fruits
- Fresh Juice
- Fresh Herbs
- Soda & Tonics
- Flavoured Cordials
- Homemade Syrup
Therefore, from the above-mentioned list of mixologist skills, tools and ingredients, you can get a clear idea of what you should be looking for in your candidate before hiring. We hope that our informative guide has been helpful and in case you're in the market for a reliable & trustworthy mixologist for your office parties, be sure to contact us today!