We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. We will never sell your personal data and promise to keep your details safe and secure.
When you use the service, regardless of whether you have signed up, we store information about how you use the service to help us to improve it. We use the information you provide us for the following purposes:
- Internal record keeping.
- Publication of requests on this site, and syndication to other websites (including via our API)
- Sharing of requests and services with other Intently users and/or external service providers (via our API).
- Sharing of information you have provided about you or your company with buyers (or potential buyers) when you act as a supplier (we will show the buyer your visible name, email address, website, phone number, and other information about you or your company).
- Publication of any testimonials or quotes you may have provided regarding Intently.
- To improve our service.
- We may periodically send emails to you (using the email address you provided) regarding changes and improvements to our service, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting. We will always give you the option to unsubscribe from such emails, and you can change your email preferences by editing your profile.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone, and again you may request that we do not do this in future.
As a buyer
It is very important for you to understand that our service is designed to make your requests visible to others, while we keep your identity anonymous. Therefore, when you create a request, the text you enter in the "what", "where", "when" and "other information" fields will be visible on the Internet. We will not publish your personal details intentionally, but if you enter your personal details into any of the aforementioned fields, then that will be made visible to others on the Internet by design.
When you sign up to use our service as a buyer, we request the following information from you:
- Your username
- Your email address
As a seller
When you sign up as a seller, we ask you to provide a variety of information about your business and services including:
- Your username
- Your company name
- Your website url
- Various other information and services
We publish this information in a number of places on our website, always with the intention of promoting your business.
SecurityWe are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we hold about you.
Account administrationFrom time to time, one of our administrators may edit your list of services to ensure that you are getting the best possible supplier alerts based on requests being raised by users. In addition, if you are signed up and raise a request, we may occasionally raise a further request on your behalf if we feel that we can better target potential suppliers for your needs.
If we detect that your account's email address has become invalid, then we may research and assign an alternative valid email address for your account. If we are unable to do this, then we may delete your account. Further to this, if we determine that the website assigned to your account is no longer in service, then we may delete your account. This helps to ensure that we maintain a system of valid email addresses and websites displayed on Intently.
CookiesWhen we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the Internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally. These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling our service to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information several times during one task.
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested.