Companies offering Business IT Support near Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Why Buying Refurbished PCs is Good for Your BusinessChoosing refurbished PCs for your business can give you more processing power and save you money. Find out more.
The annual cost of replacing old PCs and laptops can take up a large chunk of any IT budget. With lots of other demands on this budget e.g. IT support costs, software licences, broadband and phone call costs etc. new ways of saving money without compromising on quality or performance should always be considered. One idea that is rapidly growing in popularity is to replace computers that have reached their end of their life with newly refurbished ones. This is a lot less costly option than investing in brand new ones.
There are several reasons why choosing refurbished PCs is a good move.
- A refurbished computer will always cost a lot less than a brand new one with the same specification. This means that you can spend the money you have set aside and purchase PCs with a much higher technical specification e.g. more memory, faster processor speed, better screen resolution etc. Or you can choose to save money and buy refurbished PCs with the same specification you had planned when buying new.
- Many refurbished PCs will be brand new PCs that are returned to the vendor simply because the buyer changed their mind. PCs returned in this way cannot be marketed again as brand new.
- Many people think of refurbished PCs as poor quality, second rate pieces of equipment that are very likely to fail again. This is a long way from the truth. As long as you choose a reputable company, PCs that are returned and refurbished due to a flaw or fault will have been repaired, cleaned and tested to an extremely high standard, before being sold again.
- Statistics show that you are more likely to find a problem with a new PC than a refurbished one. This is likely due to the stringent testing that is carried out on refurbished models. New PCs that come straight off the line are very rarely tested individually.
- Reputable suppliers will usually provide refurbished computers with the same warranty as brand new ones.
- Buying refurbished products helps with sustainability and reduces the carbon footprint of your business.
As long as you use a reputable supplier, purchasing refurbished PCs for your business can save a lot of money. It can also be a more cost-effective purchase because you will get better value for money i.e. PCs with a higher specification. In addition, PCs built to a higher specification will perform much better during their lifecycle and often last longer before needing to be replaced. Finally and perhaps most importantly, buying refurbished helps reduce the increasing mountain of electronic waste and is good for the environment. It is easy to see why many businesses that were originally resistant to the idea are now seeing refurbished PCs as a clear win-win situation.
Author: Data Computer Services