Companies offering Mold Remediation near Baltimore, MD, United States
Have Water Damage? Act Immediately…The last thing any homeowner wishes for is to encounter water where it shouldn’t be. This is called water damage and stands as one of the most dreaded home issues by most homeowners. But first, what is water damage?
Do You Have Water Damage In DC, MD & VA? Why You Should Take Care Of It Immediately?
The last thing any homeowner wishes for is to encounter water where it shouldn’t be. This is called water damage and stands as one of the most dreaded home issues by most homeowners. But first, what is water damage?
Water damage is simply the various losses caused by the intrusion of water into various home materials and systems, thereby causing destructive processes like rotting, mold growth, rusting, swelling of composite wood, flooding, delaminating materials like plywood, and many other destructive processes.
Water damage has various sources from whence it originates. The most common of these are burst pipes, leaks, flooding, and excessive rainfall. The average cost of emergency water damage repair is in the tone of $1,100 to over $4,000.
Effects of Water Damage
The effects of water damage cannot be overlooked as they are quite disastrous. The effects include:
- Structural Damage: Water damage can affect the supporting members of the walls and floors of your home or office, thereby posing a serious risk. This will eventually require serious construction to fix the walls and floors.
- Toxic Molds: Toxic molds tend to grow and flourish within enclosed spaces where moisture cannot escape. This result in health risks, if not immediately addressed, can become costly to handle.
- Electrical issues: Since water damages affect walls and floors, the electrical circuits inside your walls can become affected and put you at risk. This could lead to short circuits and can cause a fire outbreak.
- Soggy Drywall: For rooms with drywall, they can become soggy, thereby damaging the aesthetics of your building, home, or office. This will, in the long run, affect the durability of the building.
Following these effects caused by water damage, we can classify their various sources into three general categories.
Three Categories of Water Damage:
Clean Water Damage: This is usually clean water from broken pipes. Although it doesn’t present a significant health risk, it can still cause a lot of damage to properties.
Gray Water Damage: Also known as gray water, this category of water damage isn’t what one should be exposed to. It contains some amounts of chemical, biological, and various contaminants in certain quantities that can have serious effects on human health. Common sources include toilet bowls, dishwashers, washing machines, etc.
Black Water Damage: If there is any category of water that must be avoided, it is the black water damage. These contain harmful organisms and toxins with a high level of concentration. Getting exposed to such can cause serious sickness. Common sources include standing floodwaters, ocean water, and raw sewage.
With that been said, it is important to note that you shouldn’t handle water damage restoration all by yourself just to save a few bucks. This can have adverse effects on you, your family, and the home or office. Let the professionals handle water damage restoration for you. Various companies are involved in 24/7 emergency water damage handling, water damage removal, and emergency water damage restoration. So, therefore, you don’t need to put yourself and your family in harm’s way. The next section highlights various reasons why you should call a professional to take care of water damage restoration.
Reasons To Call a Professional to Handle Your Water Damage Restoration in DC, MD & VA
- When it comes to water damage from a burst pipe, a leaking roof, or a flooded basement, there can be seen and unseen structural issues. This could result in serious problems during the drying out process if the restoration wasn’t handled in the right way. There might be affected areas that aren’t in plain sight, which needs to be attended to and, if possible, replaced with structurally sound material. If this is not done correctly, it could put your family in danger.
- There are harmful airborne irritants that come with water damages. A professional will have fungicides, mildews, and other antimicrobial that are necessary to stop the spread and kill these microbes caused by the water. They also ensure a proper installation of recommended plastics and airflow seals to help segregate airflow.
- In a case where water damage is caused by sewage water or Black water, it can come in contact with drywall, carpeting, and carpet padding. If this is not properly remediated by a professional, the contamination can come in contact with other parts of the home and pose a health risk to your household.
- There is a whole lot of equipment needed when proper remediation is required. This ranges from antimicrobial, dehumidifiers, pressure cleaners, air movers, and even construction equipment. This equipment is not an-everyday equipment found in an average home. So it is reason enough to employ the service of a 24/7 emergency water damage company.
- Finally, there are certain areas water damages might get to that can be very difficult to clean. This includes crawl spaces, ductwork, and tight corners that are hard-to-reach. These areas should be left for the professionals to handle.
When there is water damage caused by any category of water, it is important to take quick action. When water damage is left unattended, it can lead to worse case scenarios like damage to your house, growth of molds, toxic environment, and not to mention; health issues. Water damage restoration plays a key role in staying safe from water damage. A proper water damage restoration or removal should be handled by a professional. The benefits are numerous, including:
- Rapid and quick restoration by the professionals
- Dedication to restoring
- Proper and safe removal of molds
- Attention to details by the professionals (even details you might not be able to notice)
- Reduction of losses and cost (they save you from losing your property and save you the cost of handling the aftereffects of health issues)
- Access to professional advice
Water damage restoration can be a quick and effective way to restore your home after water damage. Moreover, the earlier you handle the water damage, the better for you, your family, your home, and your health.
Author: MidAtlantic Mold and Water Damage