Online Marketing Consultants near Bristol, United Kingdom
5 Design Considerations for a Successful and Effective Outdoor BannerBusinesses use outdoor banners as a marketing tool, so they should be effective. Whether you are using it for a trade show, store opening, conference or any other purpose, your banner’s design should be carefully created. You do not need a professional to do this. Start by thinking why you need it and follow the tips below for your banner to serve its purpose.
Businesses use outdoor banners as a marketing tool, so they should be effective. Whether you are using it for a trade show, store opening, conference or any other purpose, your banner’s design should be carefully created. You do not need a professional to do this. Start by thinking why you need it and follow the tips below for your banner to serve its purpose.
- Size matters. When you are sure about its purpose, decide on the size of banner you need. Think about where you intend to place it and your target audience. It should be big enough to be seen by people you want to see it. It should be visible and readable, so follow printing guidelines. Your banner should fit the surface where you will install it, so measure the space correctly.
- Colour is essential. Colour is important for a design to be effective. It captures attention and leads to retention. Be consistent with the colours your business has been identified with. Remember to combine light text on a dark background or dark text on a light background. This contrast makes the text more readable. Choose colours that complement each other. Marketing experts use bright colours in ads to draw attention. This also works for outdoor banners.
- Choose the font wisely. Like colours, fonts affect the readability of banners. Avoid scripts, wisp-thin, handwritten letters that may be hard to read. For banners and ads, neutral fonts such as Helvetica or Arial work best because they get the message across quickly. Remember that your banner needs to grab attention and get the message across in a matter of seconds.
- Choose proper lighting. Is your banner going to be displayed in a well-lit area? If not, you may want to consider using extremely bright and contrasting colours or a reflective vinyl so that ambient light or car lights can help the banner to be seen. Ask your outdoor banner printing company about these options.
- Add a call to action. “Call to action” phrases are proactive measures to lead customers to find you or learn more about your service. Keep it short and sweet. Make it simple because you can’t be sure how long people will spend looking at the banner. It can be as simple as “Hurry, Call Now”.
Banners should be bold, big and attention grabbing. The success of banners depends on various factors so do your homework regarding estimating the distance from readers, making measurements and checking other signage around the area where you want to install it. Your banner should stand out, so don’t forget to check the type of traffic you are targeting. The faster the traffic, the bigger your banner should be. However, not everything is about size, so keep in mind the other important factors mentioned.
Image via freedigitalphotos.net/ sumetho
Author: Gemma Moss